RhinoShield Mod NX Case for Apple iPhone XS / X
Change is in the air
RhinoShield Mod NX gives you the flexibility of switching backplates to suit the season or occasion. Pop out a backplate and replace it with a rim and you?ƒ?ª?ve got a bumper case. Top it off by adding a hint of color by swapping out the buttons. Mod NX in standard case mode also works with our RhinoShield add-on lenses.
Note: As the physical design of the NX series differs from the first generation Mod cases, older Mod accessories are not compatible with NX components and vice-versa.
absorbs over 11 feet(3.5M) of impact
- WORRY-FREE PROTECTION With our proprietary RhinoShield [IMPACT RESISTANT] technology, you never have to worry about breaking that valuable glass-backed phone. Proven with multiple drop tests and certified military grade (MIL-STD 810G) our custom ShockSpread polymer material absorbs impact of at least 3.5m/11 feet. The cases inner honeycomb structure provides an additional 10% defense against knocks.
- IMPROVED MODULAR SYSTEM As part of RhinoShield's ethos of continuous improvement, Mod NX includes some small but significant updates to Mod, our modular case system. Use as Standard Case (Frame + Backplate + Buttons) or Bumper Case (Frame + Rim + Buttons). Mix and match colors/designs by changing the Buttons, Rim or Backplate to create your own fully customized case. This starter set includes Frame + Rim + Buttons + Clear Backplate. Additional interchangeable accessories sold separately.
- SLIM [MINIMAL DESIGN] Clean design follows the original contours of your phone closely, because a tough case doesn?ƒ?ª?t need to look like a brick. The slim (under 3mm/0.12in thin) and simple form gives you a snag-free experience, sliding into your pocket easily. A slightly raised lip protects the camera and screen from direct impact.
- COMPATIBILITY ?ƒ?ª? Compatible with ?? iPhone XS Qi Wireless chargers, RhinoShield Add-On Lenses (with lens adapter in Standard Case mode), most back skins/wraps (in Bumper Case mode). Precision cutouts for all ports fits most cables. For better all-round protection, we strongly recommend pairing this product with the RhinoShield Impact Protection Screen Protector or the RhinoShield Tempered Glass Protector, in case the phone falls face-down on a pointed object or highly-uneven surface.
- NEXT GENERATION MATERIAL Our ShockSpread polymer is extremely durable and flexible. The case can bend without breaking or permanent loosening especially during installation and removal, unlike traditional polycarbonate or TPU cases. It is also safer for you and your family, as it is BPA/BPS/BPF free AND passes FDA food-grade requirements. This case is recyclable.
Tough yet flexible
The new ShockSpread material is super tough, making it incredibly difficult to break. This is because the material is able to resist larger forces. This same property means the case provides a tight fit, preventing your phone from falling out during impact.
However, for a strong material, ShockSpread is surprisingly flexible. This means that the case bends slightly for easier installation, without permanent loosening.
RhinoShield cases are among the thinnest and lightest protective cases you can find. The new ShockSpread reduces overall volume by 40% and overall thickness by 22%. Our cases weigh an average of 30g equivalent to a AA battery ?ƒ?ª? or half that if using a bumper.
Better for you
We have formulated the new material with your health and safety in mind. Our latest cases have been independently tested and meet the US FDA food-grade standards.
They also contain no BPA, BPS or BPF chemicals commonly used in plastics which have been linked to possible developmental issues in young children, as well as reproductive toxicity.
Is Mod NX compatible with screen protectors?
The New Mod NX will be compatible with Tempered Glass Screen Protectors and Impact Protection Screen Protectors (Front & Back)
*Mod NX is NOT compatible with third-party Tempered Glass Back Protectors*
What is the difference between Mod and Mod NX?
The Mod NX is our updated version of Mod, a modular case system. The locking mechanism between frame and rim/backplate of Mod NX has been redesigned. This means that the frame, rim and backplate of the Mod NX differ structurally from the first-generation Mod, thus the components are not cross-compatible. The new design brings about several benefits, including a better fit. For more detailed information on the differences, please visit the link below!
How protective is the backplate against scratches or drops?
The Mod NX backplate is scratch resistant. However, depending on the environment and user habit, it is still susceptible to cosmetic scratches. Due to the engineering and material choices made for the Mod NX backplate, impact energy directly absorbed by the backplate from drops are transferred to the frame of the Mod and dispersed by the ShockSpread technology.
There is a film on the inside of the backplate, am I supposed to peel it off?
The Mod NX newly designed backplate has improved scratch resistant capabilities. This is done with a layer of protective film on the inside of the backplate *This protective film should not be peeled off as it can not be reapplied afterwards.
Are Mod NX components (frame, rim, backplate, buttons) compatible with the old (first-generation) Mod components?
Frame, Rim and Backplate
1. NX series backplates and rims are not compatible with first-generation Mod frames.
2. First-generation Mod backplates and rims are not compatible with NX series frames
Your buttons can be used with both systems as the NX Series buttons and first generation Mod buttons are the same.
Will there be gap / watermark on Mod NX?
There will be significant improvements on the fit for Mod NX. Due to the margin of error, we are not able to precisely prevent the gap / watermark from happening.
Does Mod NX have different installation/removal procedures than the Mod?
There is a difference in installation/removal methods with the Mod NX. For more information on the proper methods, please visit the link below.
Support wireless charging?
Yes, the Mod NX will be compatible with wireless charging.
How do I clean my Mod NX?
You can clean the Mod NX Bumper and Backplate with water, wet wipes, non-alcohol based wipes or alcohol-free wipes.